* No Hunger Summer lunch program at Brown County Sheriff's office in Hiawatha, from 11:30-1 p.m. for a grab-and-go drive through pickup of free lunches for youth up to age 18 and lunches for adults for a small fee. Enter alley on eighth to drive east behind the Sheriff's Office for pick-up. Children riding bikes or walking please use same entrance.
Tuesday, Aug. 11
* Karla's Diaper Closet is open 4-6 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, 701 Kickapoo in the basement. Diapers, formula, wipes, lotion, clothes and more. One family at a time and sanitizing is done in between each family.
Thursday, Aug. 13
* Hiawatha Farmers Market at the normal location off of East Iowa in the city lot near the skate park. The Farmers Market will be from 4:30-6:30 p.m. and will feature a variety of food and craft vendors, along with fresh produce. This year features a drive-thru lane for pre-orders only. Market organizers encourage pre-ordering, keeping distance from others in line, use a card or exact change, don't eat or drink at the market and sanitize hands before entering and as you leave.
Sunday, Aug. 16
* The Hiawatha Bowling Association will hold its fall meeting at Maple Lanes at 3 p.m. for all bowlers, men and women and decisions will be made on when to start fall leagues and to elect officers. Currently, the plan is to open leagues after Labor Day. Join others at the meeting or contact Association Manager Mary Minor at 742-2924.
Sunday, Aug. 17
* The NEK Area Agency on Aging is planning a "Shelf Stable Meal Distribution" from 6-7 p.m. at Robinson on that evening for individuals 60 years and older at the Robinson Fire Department, 311 Mitchell St. For more information contact NEKAAA at (785) 742-7152.